Southern TeachMeet 1st November
Posted on August 10th, 2012 | 2 comments
If you know what it’s all about please consider registering otherwise read on ↓
‘Connecting People Sharing Learning’
Teachers love to trade ideas and share practical classroom practices. Connecting in relaxed, comfortable environments with good company (even something to eat and drink) adds to the learning experience.
TeachMeets involve teachers sharing 7 and 2 minute presentations with each other. It’s free and fun. These succinct, easy to create presentations are sure to inspire at least one fellow colleague and that equals successful professional development. There is no pressure, demanding preparation requirements or judgemental attitudes. It’s also a wonderful way to get into presenting. Good sharing and great learning benefits our students. TeachMeets include Leaders, ICT Coordinators and Managers, Mentors, Researchers, Specialist and Classroom Teachers. They cater for all year levels and sectors.
Southern Adelaide TeachMeet 1st Nov 4.30-6.30pm Hackham East Schools Term 4 Week 4
- We encourage you to come ready to briefly share an idea, a tool, website or product of your choice
- It’s important to do what it takes to get your message across (know what that is) and have fun
- You will be timed for 7 or 2 minutes after 1 minute set up
- A laptop, data projector, internet and microphone is available. Please bring extras you need or note them when you register
- Any presentation format is allowed – it doesn’t have to be technological, sing a song if you like
- Bring a ‘Plan B’ backup (eg memory stick) Technology can go wrong, its part of the fun. Bring your own technology maybe.
- Presenters are often chosen at random. The structure of our Southern Adelaide Teachmeet will depend on registration data.
- The theme ‘Connecting People Sharing Learning’ is a guideline to give you scope and make it personal
How To Register
Click the word ‘Register’ above and add your details.
We encourage everyone who is attending to individually register. It’s free.
Here is a useful short link to share with others http://t.co/CcZD8RR
How to get to Hackham East Schools
Many thanks to Bob Thiele (Principal) and Jarrod Lamshed (awesome teacher who makes good things happen) for hosting and contributing so much to make this a successful event.
Transit: Stop 56B Collins Pde – West side
Click here for an interactive map Collins Parade Hackham
Spread the Word #CEGSA
Please use the #CEGSA tag. Just add it somewhere in your tweets. This will enable us all to connect to the rapidly growing CEGSA network. We can also follow tweets leading up to, during the TeachMeet and beyond.
Southern Adelaide TeachMeet! 1st Nov Hackham East Schools 4.30-6.30pm and stay on. See you there! http://wp.me/p1W4ZI-17C #CEGSA Pls RT (feel free to copy/modify and tweet this – 132 characters)
You might even want to right click the top image (‘Save image as ..’) and share with colleagues. Put the TeachMeet on the staff meeting agenda or leave the poster somewhere visible in the staffroom. It’ll be a great night for professional development and staff morale. Perhaps get a group together from your site and encourage colleagues to create a brief presentation.
Please also post to your networks, copy and paste this – Southern Adelaide TeachMeet http://wp.me/p1W4ZI-17C
You Can’t Make it but Don’t Want to Miss Out?
We are looking at streaming and sharing in the following ways. All suggestions welcome.
Useful presentation links will be posted online after the event.
National TeachMeet wiki SA page
By Al Upton – CEGSA TeachMeet Coordinator @alupton
To search this website, please enter your search terms below and hit enter:
We've now opened up the CEGSA Forums! Pop on over and join in with our discussions.
We accept the following payments: Online, by mail, by EFT.
- By mail
- By EFT