George Couros – Division Principal of Innovative Teaching and Learning for Parkland School Division
George has greatly enjoyed working with schools, both presenting and consulting on moving forward and creating innovative environments for all learners in the community. He has worked extensively with students, parents, educators, school administration, central office administration, as well as school trustees. George believes that by creating an open and connected environment in our schools, we are creating learning opportunities for our students that will help them be leaders in the future, as well as today.
George will be presenting his keynote on “Learning and Leading in a Digital Age”. This presentation is based upon George’s own experience of what it means to be a connected educator and the importance of using social media to help enhance the learning opportunities for educators, as well as students. Doing this together is an amazing opportunity because it helps to create true “learning organizations”.
Here are some of George’s recent presentations and conferences:
- K-12 Online Keynote – Playing in Public (November 2011)
- Learning and Leading Conversations at Ravenswood School, Sydney, Australia. (November 2011)
- Teaching and Learning with Vision Conference Keynote in Gold Coast, Queensland (November 2011)
- Learning 2.011/ The Power of the Network- Cohort Leader working with leaders in the area of technology integration in Shanghai, China. (September 2011)
- Why Schools Should Be Like a Family Restaurant – Online Keynote for the Reform Symposium 2011 (July 2011)
- Creating a WordPress Portfolio – NCTCA Convention (February 2011)
- How do we get more principals connected? – Educon 2.3 (January 2011)
- Connecting and Sharing: Building Learning Communities Using Web 2.0 (January 2011)